International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index
International Association of Grand Banks Owners
 FAQHelp   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 My ProfileMy Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grand Banks Owners FAQ Forum Grand Banks Owners

GLCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic  International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index -> Great Lakes Cruising

qman15
"TWINS"
Spring Lake, MI
1991 GB CL 46
Supporting Member

The big Lake Mishegame

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: GLCC Reply with quote

Are any GB members familiar with the Great Lakes Cruising Club?

We have some old cruising information by the club and were thinking about joining it since they maintain a lot of cruising information on the Great Lakes that appears to be updated annually. It's not cheap to get the guide info though! Home site is http://www.glcclub.com/index.htm

I would also be interested in what other guides you've found to be most helpful in your Great Lakes (and tributaries) experiences. Are there any good guides you know about anchorages?

Thanks, Jim

Cilibraise
Morning Star
Livonia, Michigan
1985 GB 49-#51 MY

Livonia,Mi,USA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: GLCC Harbor Reports Reply with quote

My wife and I have been members of the GLCC for several years. The Harbor Reports DVD is an outstanding reference for those cruising the Great Lakes and attached rivers. The DVD has a security system which allows operation on a single computer. The Harbor Reports do not replace charts or delete the need of other published guides. The magazine Great Lakes Boating publishes a series of guides (one for each lake) that provides additional commentary (and pictures) of several of the more popular destinations. The GLCC Harbor Reports is a must when cruising the North Channel and Georgian Bay.

Jerry Cilibraise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index -> Great Lakes Cruising All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: