International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index
International Association of Grand Banks Owners
 FAQHelp   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 My ProfileMy Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grand Banks Owners FAQ Forum Grand Banks Owners

Celibate Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic  International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index -> The Lighter Side

reverendbob
Lonesome Dove
Hull # 1066
1994 GB36 Classic

USA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Celibate Life Reply with quote

A young man joins a monastery, he is taken to a desk and seated, his assignment is to transcribe a copy of an ancient document by hand with ink and quill, and reproduce it using his finest skills in calligraphy.

He begins by proof reading the copy, the oldest of the monks walks over to introduce himself. Greetings brother, I wish to welcome you, I sat at this very desk three score years ago, a young soul just as you yourself are now. In fact, on my first day I copied that very same document; "Celibate Life", the very basis of how we live out our monastic lives for decades behind these very walls. If there is anything I can do, or explain to you to be of help, ask freely.

The young monk holds up the page and says: "should we not compare the copies we make with the original from time to time, in case an error is not caught?". The old monk raises an eyebrow and nods; "you make a valid point, I am the keeper of the vault key and will gladly compare the two to put your mind at ease".

The old monk descends the stairs leading to the vault as the young monk waits patiently. Time passes and the young man becomes concerned, as he gets up from his desk, he hears the old monk's foot step's coming slowly up the steps, then appearing a broken man as he comes into view with the copy crumpled in his left hand, and the original in his right.

Brother are you not well? asks the young monk, "No...not well at all...there was an error...a word was wrong". We can correct it, all is not lost replies the young monk, ....it's only one word? The old monk shakes his head and says; "The Word is Celebrate!".

Laughing

"If it's gonna happen, it'll happen out there"

"Don't worry about old age, it doesn't last long"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index -> The Lighter Side All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: