International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index
International Association of Grand Banks Owners
 FAQHelp   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 My ProfileMy Profile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grand Banks Owners FAQ Forum Grand Banks Owners

GB 36 Europa. Distance from bottom keel to top fly bridge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic  International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index -> Specifications

T_BOAT
GrandYankee
Bear De
1981 Grand Banks Classic

Hampton Bays,New York,USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: GB 36 Europa. Distance from bottom keel to top fly bridge. Reply with quote

I am looking at trucking a 36' Europa from Seattle to St. Louis, Mo. Has
anyone measured from keel to bridge top with wind shield remove. I am trying to find a trucker and get cost estimate to see if worth bringing east. From St. Louis I would run down to Tampa. Thank You.
Bella Grand
Bella Grand
Portland, Or
1991 36-Sedan
Supporting Member

Portland, Or.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be pretty close to the Sedan Cool
I don't recall the exact dimensions, but when i had the boat on the trailer it was just around 13' to the top of the windscreen. I took the screen off and the driver wasn't too worried but we still had to have pace cars, and he took every exit just to avoid problems.

I should point out this was 13' to the ground, not the keel. It was also quite a few years ago and my memory .... well enough said there.

One word of caution -- i was just reading the Trawler Forum and someone trailered a boat which was bow down. The result was the water from the muffler back flowed into the cylinders thru the exhaust valves and caused some severe damage. Ouch

bill.read
Pea Pod
Clinton, WA
1987 36 Classic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two exchanges in the Repair section of this forum discussing your question. Please see "Prep for Transport", Aug 7 and "Highway Bridge Clearance", Aug 12 of this year. There is more to consider than just the distance from keel to wind shield.
T_BOAT
GrandYankee
Bear De
1981 Grand Banks Classic

Hampton Bays,New York,USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Trucking 36" across. Reply with quote

The final cost estimate to ship 36' GB Europa from Port Townsend, Wa. to upper Miss. River was about $ 12,000. Plus what ever I may have forgot. I will wait for something this side of the Miss. River.
Onesockbob
Ebbtide
Bellingham, WA
1972 32-342

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one for sale in Cincinnati. PM me and i will send you the fellas number. I have no skin in this game, just know of a boat.
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Association of Grand Banks Owners Forum Index -> Specifications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: